Friday 17 October 2014

"Where on Earth have you been?" - New Job, New beginning, Neeeeeeew!

It hasn't escaped my notice that I haven't posted in what must have been over 5 weeks. Finally, however it is for an ultimately good reason! "Drum Role please" ...I have a job! Yes it finally happened, I have landed myself that all important first industry job. I am now officially Character Technical Director and Lead Animator for "Bearded Pixel" a brand new indie games developer in Warwickshire!
I have been here a little over a month now, the time has flown and I'm loving it. Mostly I have been developing biped rigs to be fitted to any and all future characters as well as a few animals too. There's been a lot of learning and still loads more to be done! The animation is having to take a back seat for now whilst the character rigging needs seeing to and then it will be down to me to get it all moving.
I am picking up a lot of nice new tricks, never thought I would enter the realms of code and scripting, but I have to say the little I have done so far has made my life a lot easier. All those long winded processes in rigging I can narrow down to a few mouse clicks... awesome!


Anyway, here's a bit of what I have been up to. Using a donor model I pulled from a free model site I have been practising my bird rigging capabilities. Its not quite 100% clean but the wings flow naturally and I've managed a few automated wing fold controls which will save time when it comes to animate it finally.

I'll be updating again soon, so stay tuned!


-Paul out.

No comments:

Post a Comment