Wednesday 30 October 2013

Animation Mentor's Stewart Rig!

So if you flick back a few posts you may remember a quick mention of the new Stewart rig made free by the good people at Animation Mentor, for the free rig, follow http://www.animationmentor.com/free-maya-rig/
So I have had a quick play with it and I gotta say it runs super smooth! Absolutely love it. I used it to re do that poor attempt at a jump test I did a week back. Did it in half the time and with twice the fun! Its so simple to use and nothing snaps or looks awkward, the controls are easy to find and select, no problems whatsoever. Think I will be using it to test out some action sequence as its adjustable automatic squash and stretch will lend it nicely to the style of sequences I wish to create! I may right a more detail report on its usage in a future post, but its 1:30 in the AM for me and this will have to do for now. Check out my jump cycle below guy!

Work hard! - P



No comments:

Post a Comment