Tuesday 14 August 2012

Some Basic Rig progress

 So here is a few snaps of my basic rig so far, by basic I mean typical humanoid shape. For the shape I am rigging a standard man model found on XSI.

So far I have the an IK - FK (Forward/Inverse kinematics) mixed rig , so I can switch between either mode at any time. The grey structure around the bones will be used as for skinning later and helps distinguish between IK/FK. Both legs have been fitted with some basic sliders for foot movement as well as some extras like stretch (seen in the picture below).


I reached the point of finishing the spine. This too will stretch but rather than have a slider to switch that function on and off, I've added a colour changer to the material to let me know if there is any accidental squashing/stretching.

Now I really do wish I could come up with something like this by myself. But whereas I may have no difficulty in producing my own rigs, this one has been done following a "pro rigging" tutorial set from start to finish. I just hope its sinking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment